RCWO Foundation

Rotary, the world’s first service club organization (1905) is a global network of 1.2 million neighbors, friends, leaders, and problem-solvers who see a world where people unite and take action to create lasting change – across the globe, in our communities, and in ourselves.

The Rotary Club of West Ottawa (RCWO), the second Rotary club established in Ottawa and presently the largest, was chartered in 1957. It is part of Rotary International District 7040, made up of 65 Rotary clubs located in Eastern Ontario, Western Quebec, Northern New York State and Nunavut. RCWO’s membership represents a cross‐section of the community's business and professional men and women.

During its sixty plus years, RCWO has raised over $2,500,000 in support of local community projects and global initiatives. In 2015, the Rotary Club of West Ottawa established its own Charitable Foundation to receive bequests and other funds on behalf of the club. The Foundation transforms these gifts into support for service projects that change lives both close to home and around the world.

All investment proceeds are returned to the Club for use in support of its many and varied projects. To date, donations have been made to Cornerstone Housing for Women which provides a supportive home for vulnerable women in Ottawa and to the Rotary Home's Angel Campaign which provides respite care for families of children with disabilities.

Donations can be made through Canada Helps also:

 https://www.canadahelps.org/en/charities/rotary-club-of-west-ottawa-charitable-foundation/

      

Rotary Home                                                                                    Cornerstone House